Please Read The T's & C's
Please take the time to read the terms and conditions and feel free to ask us about anything that you may be unsure of, before signing for a courtesy car. You will also be provided with a copy of the terms listed on this page.
We provide text and email updates. Please provide your email address and/or mobile phone number.
Courtesy Cars will be chargeable after 72hrs, the fee for the first 7 days is £10+vat per day and after the 7 days the fee rises to £25+vat per day.
1. Your current insurers may insure the courtesy car that we provide you, whilst your car is on site with us. It is your responsibility to check this. This means your own insurance policy excess will apply along with your insurers terms and conditions. We can put you in touch with the RAC insurance cover should your insurer not be able to provide cover.
2. You must attach a copy of your current driving licence.
3. Courtesy Cars are expected to be returned with no less than the same amount of fuel as when you take the car. Cars returned with significantly less fuel will be charged to you at £30+ VAT per quarter of a tank. If the car is fitted with a digital fuel gauge it will be charged at £15+ VAT per bar.
4. Mileage restrictions do apply to our cars, based on an average of 50 miles per day, and a charge of 25 pence per mile thereafter. Please check with your insurer as they may apply different mileage restrictions based upon your own policy. (you may find the details in your policy booklet).
5. If you are taking the car into a congestion zone or low emission zone, you will be fully liable for any charges made against the courtesy car and it is your responsibility to ensure all charges are paid to the relevant authorities. This also includes, but not limited to, any parking, speeding, bus lane, cycle lane, mobile phone use or toll fines. We strongly recommend that any fines or costs incurred against our courtesy car are paid promptly, As Mer-Tech/we add an administration fee of at least £25 + VAT to each fine incurred. And we will recover all costs through the courts if necessary.
6. Any tyre damage including punctures will be your responsibility and must be repaired or replaced before returning our car to us. If we have to replace/repair a tyre on your behalf, a charge of £25 + VAT will be added to the final bill. Cars fitted with an emergency tyre repair foam kit will have to have the foam and tyre replaced. Alloy wheel refurbishment cost is £75 + VAT per damaged wheel.
7. Courtesy cars not available for return within 24 hours of completion of repairs will be subject to a general hire rate of £30 + VAT per day.
8. Any damage caused to the interior of the courtesy car will be charged to you in full. Stained seats or interior trims will result in a full valet charge of £75 + VAT. This includes, but not limited to, Food, Drink, Mud, Ink, Vomit.
9. We have a strict policy of NO SMOKING OR ANIMALS in our courtesy cars. It is now also illegal to smoke in the cars and breaking these rules will result in a £75 + VAT valet charge, payable at the time the car is returned.
10. We do understand that it is not always possible to clean the courtesy cars before you hand the car back, but we do provide the cars clean and ask that the cars are kept clean whilst in your possession, as they may need to go straight to another customer. If it is returned so dirty that we cannot check it for damage i.e. scratches, a cleaning fee of £20 + VAT will be payable to us upon return / handover. Any new damage found once cleaned will lead to a claim on your insurance. Note: (Asda Car Wash) within 1 mile of us.
11. All courtesy cars are supplied with a handbook situated in the glove box or door pocket, which will provide details of breakdown procedures and numbers for you to call should you need assistance. Please be aware that these services may incur a cost to you.
12. If you lock the key in the courtesy car a £50 + VAT fee will be payable if we have to come out with the spare key. There is no charge if you collect the spare key from us and return it within 24 hours. Lost keys will be charged to you at full cost of replacement (this may also include the locks).
13. If you have to pay an excess, the excess amount is paid directly to Mer-Tech. We accept Cash, Debit/Credit Card. A cheque must be cleared before your vehicle is released.
Please ensure that you have read and understood the terms and conditions in full before signing for the courtesy car.
Please forward any photos to us of any damage you see on the courtesy car before driving away and feel free to show a member of our staff if there is any doubts about any damage of the car, taking note of the name.
Thank you for entrusting us with your vehicle. We would like to assure you that it is in very good hands and the repairs will be carried out in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications. Our team of highly trained technicians will repair your vehicle as quickly as possible, but please be aware that good quality repairs may take time.
We are unable to supply a courtesy car if you are not able to provide us with your driving license as this is a legal requirement when handing over a courtesy car.